Comfort food doesn’t should be unhealthy. Packed with vitamin C, Okay, and B6, cauliflower turns this creamy aspect dish right into a healthy addition to any meal. Prepare this accompaniment in 6 straightforward steps.
Roasted Garlic and Ricotta Mashed Cauliflower
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Serving Size: four
- 2 giant garlic cloves
- three lb. head of cauliflower, minimize into florets
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 levels F.
- Cut off the tip of every garlic clove. Place in a bit of foil and canopy with olive oil. Wrap the foil tightly and place on a baking sheet.
- Roast the garlic for 10-12 minutes or till gentle. Remove and let cool earlier than peeling. The garlic ought to simply come out of their skins when pressed.
- Cook the cauliflower florets in salted water for Eight-12 minutes or till fork tender. Drain after which lay flat on a big baking sheet lined with a number of layers of paper towel. Tap the baking sheet couple occasions on the countertop/desk to get as a lot water as attainable out of the cauliflower.
- Then working shortly, place the cauliflower in a food processor with roasted garlic, butter and ricotta. Season with salt and pepper, to style. Purée till clean and creamy.
- Garnish with chopped chives and serve heat.