Double up in your veggies with this scrumptious stuffed pepper rendition. We swapped meat and rice for greens and quinoa to stuff our bell peppers with. TIP:Prep your quinoa prematurely to avoid wasting time in the course of the dinner rush!
Quinoa and Vegetable Stuffed Peppers
Cooking Time: 1 Hour
Serving Size: 6
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups hen or vegetable inventory
- 6 small bell peppers, combined colours, seeded and halved
- three tablespoons olive oil, plus additional for drizzling
- Salt and freshly floor black pepper
- four cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 small agency eggplant, trimmed of half the pores and skin, chopped
- 1 small to medium agency zucchini, seeded and chopped
- 1 pink onion, chopped
- 1 recent chile pepper, resembling Fresno, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup recent flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/four cup recent mint leaves, a handful, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta or ricotta salata cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 levels F.
- Bring the quinoa and inventory to a boil. Cover and simmer till the liquid is absorbed and the grain seems to be translucent, 12 to 15 minutes. Then fluff with a fork. You could have about four cups of cooked grain.
- Drizzle the bell pepper halves with olive oil and season each side with salt and pepper. Roast cut-side down till the skins start to char and the peppers are simply tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool to room temp, then organize in a baking dish cut-side up.
- Meanwhile, warmth three tablespoons olive oil , three turns of the pan, over medium-high warmth. Add the garlic, eggplant, zucchini, onions and chiles, and season with salt and pepper. Cook partially coated to tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Add the herbs and tomatoes, and mix with the quinoa.
- Fill the pepper halves with the quinoa and vegetable stuffing and drizzle with olive oil. Cool and chill for a make-ahead meal.
- To serve, roast in a 375 diploma F oven till the peppers are scorching by way of. Serve the pepper halves topped with cheese crumbles.