If you’re uninterested in the same-old salads, do this colourful various as an alternative.
Pinto beans are a very good supply of fiber, whereas avocado provides a creamy texture and healthy fat. You might overlook you’re even consuming a salad.
Pinto Bean Salsa Salad
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Serving Size: four
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 half limes, juiced (about three tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/four teaspoon chili powder
- 1/four cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/three cups recent corn kernels (from about 2 ears)
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- half small purple onion, finely chopped (about 1/four cup)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly floor black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small Hass avocado, halved, seeded and diced
- 1/four cup chopped recent cilantro, leaves and stems
- Make the dressing: Smash the garlic clove, sprinkle with a pinch of the salt, and, with the flat aspect of a giant knife, mash and smear the combination to a rough paste. Whisk the garlic paste, lime juice, remaining salt and chili powder collectively in a bowl. Gradually whisk within the olive oil, beginning with a number of drops after which including the remaining in a gentle stream.
- For the salad: Toss collectively the beans, corn, bell pepper, and onions. Add the dressing and toss to coat evenly. Gently fold within the tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, to style, and serve.