Traditional baked cookies typically embrace heavy components which might be excessive in fats and sugar.
Substitute your subsequent dessert for these chewy truffle cookies, full of nutritious components like dates for pure sweetness. In our model, we topped the cookies with nuts, coconut flakes, and oats for a crunchy addition.
No Bake Chewy Truffle Cookies
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Serving Size: 6
- 1 cup dried pitted dates, Four-ounces, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon recent lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat or no-stir pure chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/Four teaspoon kosher salt
- eight full sheets entire wheat graham crackers, finely floor, about 1 1/Four cups
- half cup old style rolled oats, not on the spot
- Cooking spray
- Combine the dates, water, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan. Simmer over medium warmth breaking apart any giant items of dates with a spoon, till the combination resembles a thick paste, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir within the honey, peanut butter, cocoa powder, butter and salt till evenly mixed.
- Stir within the graham crackers and oats. Remove from warmth.
- Lightly mist a baking sheet with cooking spray. Drop degree tablespoons of the cookie combination onto the ready pan. Refrigerate till simply chilled and set, about 20 minutes.
- Put desired non-compulsory toppings in small bowls. Roll every cookie in desired topping and flatten barely right into a plump disk. Cover and refrigerate till agency. Serve chilled.