Nutrient-dense Kimchi is a simple solution to incorporate “healthy bacteria” into your eating regimen. Kimchi is fermented cabbage that’s widespread in Korean meals; however how are you going to simply add it into your meals?
This brown rice dish is a simple and scrumptious option to prepare dinner with Kimchi and it’s positive to be a dinner-time win for the entire household.
Kimchi Brown Rice
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Serving Size: four
- half cup kimchi (not strained), chopped
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/four teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps quartered
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon grated recent ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/four cup low-sodium hen broth
- three cups cooked brown rice, chilled, or three cups frozen brown rice
- four scallions, chopped
- Mix the kimchi, soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar in a small bowl or measuring cup till the sugar is dissolved; put aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high warmth till shimmering.
- Add the mushrooms and 1/eight teaspoon salt and prepare dinner, stirring, till the mushrooms launch water, about 2 minutes.
- Lower the warmth to medium-low and proceed to stir till the mushrooms are flippantly browned and gentle, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic and prepare dinner, stirring, till aromatic, 1 minute.
- Add the hen broth, scraping up any browned bits within the skillet, and simmer till barely lowered, about 1 minute.
- Stir within the rice, scale back the warmth to low, cowl and prepare dinner till the liquid is absorbed and the rice is heated by way of, about three minutes.
- Stir within the kimchi combination and prepare dinner till every thing is heated via, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish and prime with the scallions. Serve scorching.