From Simply Vibrant by Anya Kassoff © 2018 by Anya Kassoff. Reprinted in association with Roost Books, an imprint of Shambhala Publications, Inc.
From the brand new e-book Simply Vibrant, which options colourful, plant-based recipes, this dish has all of the well-loved, acquainted flavors and textures of a superb taco in a bowl—there’s crunch from the brilliant salsa and purple cabbage, sweetness and spice from the chipotle-roasted candy potato and cashew cream, buttery chunks of avocado and piney notes from cilantro. All the elements make up a fantastic salad, however they may also be served inside taco shells if you’d like one thing extra substantial.
Naked Taco Bowl
Serves four to six
- 2 medium peeled and cubed candy potatoes
- ½ Tbsp impartial coconut oil
- Sea salt, to style
- Ground chipotle, to style, for sprinkling
- 1½ cups cooked or canned black beans
- Kernels of 1 corn ear
- 1–2 tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ pink onion, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- Approximately 1 cup cilantro leaves, plus extra for serving
- Freshly floor black pepper, to style
- 1 lime, plus extra for serving
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small cabbage or lettuce head, thinly shredded
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 levels. Arrange candy potato cubes on a parchment paper–coated baking tray. Add oil, salt and floor chipotle. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, till gentle.
- Combine beans, corn kernels, tomatoes, onion, jalapeno and cilantro leaves in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, squeeze juice of lime over and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to mix.
- Divide shredded cabbage amongst bowls. Top with roasted candy potatoes, black bean salsa and avocado. Serve with a lime-chipotle cream or avocado mayo (or dressing of selection), extra lime and cilantro.