Republished with permission of Page Street Publishing from Nourishing Superfood Bowls by Lindsay Cotter. Cotter is the gluten-free nutrition specialist, full-time recipe developer and food photographer on the weblog Cotter Crunch. As a spouse to a former professional athlete, her focus is on good food, good gasoline and feeding lively individuals with scrumptious, gluten-free recipes.
Healing Green Smoothie Bowls
There’s a lot nutrition you’ll be able to pack right into a bowl! This smoothie bowl from the brand new ebook Nourishing Superfood Bowls makes for a scrumptious and healthful begin to your day. What makes these smoothie bowls so restorative? Well, tons truly! Kiwi, avocado, cinnamon and ginger are all therapeutic for the abdomen and soothing for digestion. A handful of spinach provides extra vitamin C content material in addition to boosts immunity.
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 2 frozen bananas
- ½ avocado, pores and skin and pit eliminated (see notes)
- 1 kiwi, pores and skin eliminated, plus additional slices for topping
- 2 slices peeled recent ginger root, or 1 tsp floor ginger
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp tahini or creamy cashew butter
- ⅔–¾ cup coconut consuming milk (see observe, under)
- 1 to 2 Tbsp maple syrup or honey, plus extra for topping
- 2 tsp inexperienced powder or spirulina
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed or chia seeds, for topping
- Sliced strawberries, for topping
Note: The avocado makes this bowl thick, like a combo of a pudding and a smoothie. Be positive to make use of coconut consuming milk moderately than canned coconut milk. The much less you add, the thicker the bowl can be.
In a blender, mix the banana, avocado, kiwi, ginger, spinach, cinnamon, tahini, coconut milk and maple syrup. Blend till thick. You may need to cease a couple of occasions and scrape down the edges.
Once blended, add the inexperienced powder and mix once more till combined. Pour into two bowls. Top the bowls with the flaxseed, kiwi and strawberry slices. You can add additional maple syrup on prime, if desired.