Republished with permission from Page Street Publishing from Nourishing Superbowl Foods by Lindsay Cotter.
These gluten free Deconstructed Stuffed Bell Pepper Bowls are household pleasant, straightforward to make, straightforward to wash up and straightforward to devour! The combo of lean beef and bell peppers make for one iron-boosting and antioxidant-rich bowl. Dairy free pleasant and choice for vegetarians included!
Prep Time: 10 minutes. Cook Time: 10 minutes. Yield: Four-5 servings. Category: principal meal.
For the meat or turkey (see notes for vegetarian choice):
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb (455 g) lean floor beef or turkey
- 2 tsp (7 g) minced garlic
- 1 cup (150 g) chopped onion
- 1 cup (150 g) chopped bell pepper
- ½ to 1 tsp pink pepper flakes or Italian seasoning
- Fine sea salt or kosher salt, to style Pepper, to style
- eight oz (230 g) tomato sauce or BBQ sauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml) gluten-free Worcestershire sauce or tamari
For the bowls:
- Three cups (485 g) cooked quinoa
- Three cups (540 g) flippantly steamed spinach
- 1 bell pepper, sliced skinny
- Handful of recent torn cilantro
- 1 inexperienced onion, chopped
- Handful of sliced cherry tomato
- OPTIONAL yogurt cheese or bitter cream, for topping
- Red pepper flakes,
- Hot sauce or Tabasco, optionally available, for topping
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- To make the meat, warmth the oil in a big skillet over medium warmth. Add the bottom meat and prepare dinner till not pink, about xx minutes. Drain off any additional fats.
- Add the garlic and onion, cooking for 2-Three minutes till aromatic. Add the chopped bell pepper, purple pepper flakes, salt and pepper, cooking for five minutes. Add the tomato sauce (or BBQ sauce) and Worcestershire sauce, and prepare dinner till bubbly, about 5 extra minutes.
- For the bowl, spoon the quinoa into a big bowl, adopted by the spinach. Add within the floor meat combination, and prime with the sliced bell pepper, cilantro, inexperienced onion and cherry tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper to style.
- Toppings: Optional bitter cream or yogurt cheese and purple pepper flakes, if desired, and garnish with sliced lemon.
For Vegetarian Option:
Omit beef and substitute with floor tempeh or cooked beans (black beans, chickpeas, or pinto beans work greatest).
- Calories: 330-350
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 500
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Trans Fat: zero
- Carbohydrates: 35-38
- Fiber: 6-7
- Protein: 31
- Cholesterol: 60